Within the Transport for the South East’s Strategic Investment Plan there are many proposed packages to the active travel network within Sussex. Because active travel is usually a locally planned investment, the document doesn’t over every improvement proposed, even if they are major, but mostly includes long distance or inter-urban routes. It can be assumed that every urban area will still have their own LCWIPs to improve intra-urban journeys. The long routes mentioned are:
- NCN2 improvements – likely mostly fixing the gaps in the route and improve the quality of the existing route.
- East Sussex Inter-urban Cycleways
- West Sussex Inter-urban Cycleways
- New London – Brighton Cycle Network Corridor (NCN20)
- London – Paris New “Avenue Verte” (NCN21)
Many of the highway schemes also includes cycleways